Like everyone else, sometimes we find eating the same things quite boring. This is when I cook at my best! Finding new ways to eat the same old food challenges me and brings out my creativity.
We love cous cous and it's a staple food in our house, but today I was just bored of the usual cous cous salad or as side to a tagine. So I put my thinking cap on and looked into our fridge. That's one I settled on tonight's dinner: roasted butternut squash stuffed with vegetables cous cous.
1 butternut squash
1 red pepper finely chopped
1 onion finely chopped
Leaves of Savoy cabbage
500ml vegetable stock
Salt and pepper to taste
- First preheat the oven at 180C.
- Cut the squash in half and spoon out all the seeds. Then place the two halves (skin down) in the preheated oven and cook for 1 hour.
- In the meanwhile add oil to a pan and then sautée the onion, pepper and cabbage for a few minutes. Until soften.
- Then add the stock to the pan and cook for 15 minutes on a low heath.
- Once the squash is ready spoon out some of the squash and add to the pan. Add salt and pepper to taste. Then add the cous cous to the pan, mix everything together and cover with a lid for a few minutes.
- Once it's ready add stuff the butternut squash with the vegetables cous cous and top with Parmesan.
- Serve hot.