Well, what can I say, I am after all Italian and pizza is a big part of my life!!! We are quite strict with Ali's bed routine, but Fridays are our big family nights and we are a little more lenient. Tonight we opted for pizza and movie, a staple favourite of our family. We all get to chose different toppings and get to eat in the living room in front of a movie, a big big concession for us. So here is my pizza dough recipe.
500g plain flour 25g fresh yeast (or 7g fast action yeast) 300ml warm luke water Salt Olive oil
- First mix the yeast and warm water together until the yeast has melted.
- Then add to the flour a little at the time.
- Add salt to taste and a couple of tbsp of of olive oil. - Now kneed vigorously for at least 10 minutes and then form a ball with the dough and place in a bowl. - Cover the bowl with a couple some cling film (a couple of tea towels would work just as well) and leave to rest in a warm place for at least 30 minutes on until double in size.
- Once it's ready divide the dough into smaller balls, the size of the balls will depend on the size of the pizza you want to make. A golf ball size ball will make one small pizza.
- Shape with your hands or using a rolling pin.
- Add your favourite toppings and bake (baking time will vary depending on the size of pizza, a small pizza will take 5-6 mins, a larger pizza will take around 10 mins.