We are finally updating our blog look. New blog means new recipes, some of our old and favourite will of course make a come back, some are already here. So here is the first of a new long list of new recipes for you to try at home: pumpkin and sage risotto.
1Kg pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunks
4 tbsp olive oil
bunch of sage leaves
1 1/2 vegetable stock
2 small shallots, finely chopped
300g arborio rice
1 glass of vermouth (white wine would work well as well)
60g grated parmesan
Salt and pepper to taste
- First heath the oven 180C, in the meanwhile place the pumpkin in a tray with 2 tbsp olive oil, sage, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 30 mins or until soft.
- In the meanwhile, add the shallots and onion to a hot pan and sautee until soft and golden.
- Add the rice and gently toast it on the heath until it's shiny and fully coated in the oil.
- Pour a glass of vermouth and simmer until it has completed evaporated.
- Add the stock, a few ladleful at the time, just enough to cover the rice, reduce the heath to low and occasionally stir the rice. Add more stock as needed until the rice is cooked but retaining a bite.
- Now add your pumpkin, leaving the sage to the side. Gently squash some of the pumpkin chunks with a fork and mix everything together.
- Add your butter and parmesan and keep mixing until you have a creamy risotto.
- Add your sage and serve hot.