Winter nights are officially here and what better way to warm up than a delicious hot stew.
this week I thought back to our travels in Morocco and all of those delicious tagines and stews we tasted whilst over there. So I opened the fridge and checked the cupboards. Here is what I did.
1/2 squash, cubed
1 onion, quartered
1 clove garlic, chopped
Small bunch of tarragon
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tin Cannellini beans
800ml veggie stoc
Small bunch of cavolo nero
Lemon, salt and pepper to taste
- Add the onion, garlic, squash, tarragon and olive oil to a pot and cook on low heath for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then add the tomatoes, beans and veggie stock. Bring to boil and then simmer for about 30 mins. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In the meanwhile roughly chop some feta and season with olive oil, lemon and pepper. Set aside for later.
- When the stock as a reduced a little after simmering for 30 mins, roughly chopped the cavolo nero, add it to the stew and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Top the stew with the feta and serve hot with some cous cous or rice.